It is a center dedicated to research in the area of
- Genetic epidemiology and molecular biology studies of Leishmania.
- Project to explore new ways to attack malaria, which is transmitted by parasites of the genus Plasmodium inoculated in humans by female Anopheles mosquitoes.
- Identification of new receptors in human red blood cells and their ligands in the parasite.
- Use of Microwaves to destroy the parasite in infected cells.
- Research project of natural compounds in corals to treat inflammatory processes and Alzheimer’s.
- Research Project to improve the diagnosis, treatment and control of Tuberculosis (TB) in Panama.
- ICBG Program: Performs bioassays with natural products extracted from the national biodiversity, in search of antiparasitic and anticancer activity.