Center for Cellular and Molecular Biology of Diseases - CBCMe
At the Center for Molecular and Cellular Biology of Diseases, research is carried out in the areas of parasitology, immunology, genetics, molecular biology. Specifically, the Center develops projects and programs such as:
- Genetic epidemiology and molecular biology of Leishmania.
- Human parasitology
- Biomedical Physics and Engineering
- Investigation of natural compounds in corals to treat inflammatory processes and Alzheimer’s.
- Improvement of the diagnosis, treatment and control of Tuberculosis (TB) in Panama.
- Bioassays with natural products or their derivatives, in search of antiparasitic and anticancer activity.
Amador Goodridge, PhD
Edgardo Castro, PhD
Lorena Coronado, PhD
Patricia Llanes Fernández, PhD
Yisset Gonzáles, PhD
Zuleima del C. Caballero E., PhD
Dilcia Sambrano, MSc
Iliana Quintero, BSc
Laura Pineda R.
Parasitology Laboratory Assistant